Friday 28 December 2018

Someone Else Is Thinking in My Mind

From a teen in the U.K.: hard to explain but the other day I was thinking and it was only until after I had finished that I realised the person who was just thinking was not me. as they were thinking I stopped existing it was as if I had put my consciousness into a stranger and was thinking as them. the way they thought wasn’t how I think and they were thinking about people I do not know. I didn’t realise when they were thinking that it was not me I just thought I was that person and I was thinking but when I became my self again and started thinking In the voice and the words I think in i was very confused as to how i had just become another person and had not known i had existed. do you know what this might indicate? i have never heard of something like it and am very curious as to how it happened

Thank you for writing. I’m sure you were very, very curious and maybe a bit alarmed when this happened. Unfortunately, I can’t really help you without talking to you at length. The explanation could be as simple as that you have an active imagination. Or it could be as complicated as a symptom of Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID). Or something else.

If this was a one time event, I’d be inclined to just let it go. But if this has happened to you more than once and you are distressed by it, I think it would be wise to talk to a mental health counselor, if only for your own peace of mind.

A mental health counselor has the time and training to ask the kinds of questions that will help determine what may have happened.

I wish you well.
Dr. Marie



from Ask the Therapist http://bit.ly/2QWJaWe
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment