Sunday 30 July 2017

Voice, Not a Bad One But a Voice & Controller that Makes Me Do Things

I have a voice or something in my head that makes me act in certain ways to seem like I’m a certain person or to influence a situation to be a certain way. Often times i don’t know if my mental break downs are real or if they’re just staged by her for some reason or another to influence another part of my life or a situation around me i feel like it not me and i dont know which if either of us is real. my mom has the same thing but shes learned to live with it but no one else i know has it and i cant find any type of similar disorder.

A. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both you and your mother are having the same unusual experiences. It might suggest that a psychological disorder is present. Some psychological disorders are thought to be partly hereditary. The other possibility is that she may be inadvertently modeling certain behaviors that you have adopted.

I don’t have enough information to know what is wrong. The fact that you have “mental breakdowns” would suggest that a psychological disorder may be present but more information is needed. Your symptoms require an evaluation by a mental health professional. Ask your mother to assist you. Hopefully, she will be open to consulting professionals. If not, there may be other trusted adults in your life who can help you to acquire professional assistance.

School resumes typically in late August or early September. If your mother is not open to consulting a professional, then speak to the school guidance counselor or another trusted faculty member about your symptoms. They will assist you in finding professional help. A counselor will evaluate your symptoms, determine what might be wrong and develop a plan to resolve the issue. Once treatment begins, your will start to feel better and that should continue with each counseling session. Good luck and please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2hdhsCW
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment