Tuesday 19 February 2019

How Do I Find Health Insurance?

From the U.S.: My son has ADD ADHD and is 22 and is having a lot of trouble with anger issues, anxiety, etc
He was on Vivanse and now is on Adderol (which I hate the affects) because we can’t afford the Vivanse
He really needs counseling. He is helping me take care of my wife who has Alzheimers and had a pizza delivery job at night and weekends, but quit that. He just doesn’t want to do anything and gets in fits of rage and depression. He is also on an anti-depressive.

He needs an insurance after not being on my work’s– found one called Medical-Share, which later I found out does not cover any mental issues or prescriptions.

Do you know what kind of insurance we can get for him that is better and is under $150 per month?  I have even looked in TexasHealth.gov and it is way over $230 per month.

I would appreciate help–it really is exhausting

I’m sure this really is exhausting and frustrating and angry-making. You are already emotionally drained with taking care of your wife. It has to feel overwhelming to also be trying to sort out health insurance for your son. He deserves treatment. You deserve more peace of mind regarding his care.

This situation is a powerful example of why we need national healthcare. In the meantime, I suggest that you contact a local mental health clinic or your local hospital to see if a social worker might be available who can help you find a policy that would provide the help your son needs. Also look into whether he is eligible for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). The enrollment period is over for this year but there may still be other plans immediately available at the Marketplace. Check this link: www.healthcare.gov.

I wish you well.

Dr. Marie



from Ask the Therapist http://bit.ly/2tssGqs
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment