Wednesday 27 February 2019

Uncontrolled Negative Thought Creeps in Even Though I Don’t Want It

I have a mind which pokes me unnecessarily with negative rubbish. I know a negative thought will come – and I say myself DON’T think about it – but, I give in and the thought pokes me and “pulls me down”.

Example, if I am eating peacefully, I will remember a friend who humiliated me for eating too much. If I am talking to a girl, I remember a friend who bullied me because he was jealous. If I am confidently doing something, I remember someone who unnecessarily mocked me and I start losing confidence.

If I look at a girl who is attractively dressed, totally unnecessarily, Iy mind says – ‘u have a daughter, one day even she will wear something like this’, and equally unnecessarily a forceful thought comes up and brings my daughter in such an outfit and I am begging for the thought ‘not to come’. The more I beg, surely, it comes.

If my dad is unwell, out of the blue, my mind says, ‘let him die, there will be no responsibility, u will be free’. And I know it is not true as I love my dad beyond what words can express.

I have a positive mind of reality and a negative counterpart always picking on the positive mind and mocking it and making it fail and lose always.

It makes me such a loser in my mind.

1 – What am I suffering from.
2 – What should I do ?

Two possibilities come to mind. The first is an unquiet mind. People meditate in order to quiet their minds. Meditation is the practice of focusing one’s attention and awareness. You might try meditation to gain control over your thoughts.

A second possibility is obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). OCD is an anxiety disorder. People with OCD commonly experience intrusive thoughts. They are thoughts and images that are unwelcome and distressing. People often describe them as “coming out of nowhere” and lack the control to stop them from occurring.

The solution to this problem is counseling. These are exactly the types of problems that psychotherapy is designed to resolve. Contact a local therapist and meet with them in person. They would be in the best position to know what might be wrong and most importantly, how to treat it.

One final thing. You are not a “loser” for struggling with this issue. That type of thinking makes it more difficult to accept treatment. Anxiety is one of the most common conditions in the world and it’s easily rectified with treatment. The sooner you begin treatment, the sooner this issue can be remedied. Good luck and please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Ask the Therapist https://ift.tt/2TmM46M
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment