Monday 21 August 2017

Social Media & Self-Promotion

I have a real catch 22 situation which may sound trivial BUT my job which I love requires me to maintain a social media presence that I hate it & posting photos of myself is really not something I like doing but without my job/business suffers I try to force myself to do it but sometimes I just can’t. It’s not a body image thing it’s more I feel like a dick doing it and it seems very contrived & superficial but the only one suffering as a result of not doing it is me. Is there a way around this?

A. Perhaps there are alternative ways to increase business without being active on social media. Of course any alternative ways would have to be acceptable to your employer. You can present them with your ideas and they may be open to a change in your job duties. Otherwise, if you want to keep your job, you will have to follow their instructions or they may be looking for your replacement.

We often have to do things that we don’t want to do. Part of life involves doing things that you do not necessarily like or would choose yourself. Many people would rather spend time with their friends and families than go to work but they need the money to survive. They go to work even though they would rather be doing other, more pleasurable things.

Without knowing more information about your employer’s flexibility regarding your job requirements, I don’t know if you have the option of not maintaining a social media presence. You might ask them if changes could be made but if not, you will have to do it in order to keep your job. In that case, try to make the best out of a less than ideal situation. Good luck with your efforts.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2wxHabx
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment