Wednesday 30 August 2017

Symptoms of Mild Depersonalization?

Ever since I was young I remember having short episodes where I felt detached from myself. Everything felt sped up and unreal, and I felt like a robot. It felt like I wasn’t really “there”. I stopped getting them after puberty but very recently I have been experiencing these 10-15 min episodes again. Now when these happen I start to get panicky because I worry it’s the start of a seizure or like I’m going crazy. I have dealt with mild-moderate anxiety but nothing to severe where I felt like I needed to get help from my doctor. (From Canada)

A:  It must be a scary thing to feel this coming on. But I do think it is time to get the medical evaluation. There are several possibilities that can cause these reactions, and the best place to start is with a good general physical, letting your physician know the symptoms. He or she is standing in a very good position to make suggestions about treatment.

Wishing you patience and peace,
Dr. Dan
Proof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2gpK8sx
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment