Sunday 29 July 2018

Problems with Ear Drums

One of my new favorite hobbies is diving, which I gladly took up on recent trips to Belize and the Honduras. But my most recent dives that I did in the Honduras wreaked havoc on my ear drums because I made the mistake of diving with the common cold, which is discouraged in diving. My ears drove me even more crazy when I made the flight home from that trip. I couldn’t hear well for days and even when my ears were gummed up and painful, I couldn’t open my ears, even when I tried all of the traditional methods of clearing out those tubes (yawning, gulping, gum, etc). As I plan to do some dives this summer, I need suggestions. How can I unstuff my ears when the usual techniques fail?

I also have another question about my perennially moist ear drums. No thanks to my allergies, my ear drums are normally much more moist and squishy to the touch than most. I guess its just the way it is when I spend a lot of time outdoors as an allergy sufferer, but I can never seem to go more than a day or two without cleaning my ear drums before gunk re-accumulates in my ears. How can I keep my ears cleaner and less squishy for longer?

Our ears can be troublesome to our wellbeing when they are not functioning optimally. I wouldn’t delay in getting them checked by and ear, nose and throat doctor. He or she can give you the best answers to these questions.

Wishing you patience and peace,
Dr. Dan
Proof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral



from Ask the Therapist https://ift.tt/2OnonpE
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment