Tuesday 25 April 2017

Best of Our Blogs: April 25, 2017

Have you ever untangled a necklace or earbud cord?

It’s incredibly frustrating.

As I unravel the cord or attempt to take apart a twisted chain, I feel a surprising amount of resistance. Here are the voices that flood my thoughts:

“There are a million things I need to do.”

“Why can’t this one thing be easy?”

“I wish this would go faster.”

By the time I’m done, I want to quit, throw the thing away or in such a mood I couldn’t care less that it’s done.

Rushing through worsens the situation. Negative thoughts or in other words NUTS and ANTS (read our top post to see what I mean) adds suffering to my experience.

I’m reminded that it was never about the external things anyway. The obstacles you encounter are simply representations of what’s going on inside.

See if you can use the challenges in your life as opportunities to stretch yourself by practicing mindfulness, and learning patience or acceptance on a smaller scale.

The 10 Lessons of Childhood Emotional Neglect
(Childhood Emotional Neglect) – Are the things you learned as a child hurting your chances for happiness as an adult? Here are the lessons you might have learned and the truth behind it.

10 Things Parents Need to Teach Their Teen
(The Exhausted Woman) – Before your teenager turns 18, you need to read this.

Three Self-Esteem Boosting Tips and Activities
(Psychoeducation in Psychotherapy) – Want to love your self and life more? Try these tips.

Using marijuana to quit heroin? Are you serious?
(Addiction Matters) – Should those struggling with opioid withdrawal consider marijuana to help with withdrawal? There’s one thing you need to know first.

Are You Struggling in Your Adult Life? 4 Common Patterns
(Knotted) – Here’s a true test to see if your childhood is having a negative impact on your life.



from World of Psychology http://ift.tt/2q9Ni3a
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment