Friday 28 April 2017

I Don’t Know What’s Wrong with Me

Hey, here is the thing. I don’t know what is happening to me. It’s like I can’t feel anything, I’m not happy nor sad; like I’m stuck in something and I don’t know how to get out. I want people to be there for me, yet at the same time I really want to be alone. But I don’t want to feel alone, and that is how I feel, even when I’m with friends or family. No one understands me, and I can’t explain because God knows how they will react.

I suffer of bulimia, and when I told my mum, she practically laughed at me, telling to stop lying. I don’t know if I may have borderline personality disorder too. I did the test and it said it could be a potential disorder.

I really don’t know what to do, I need someone to talk to, someone who listens to me and understands me. Please, I need help.

A. It’s fairly common for people to know that something is wrong but to not know what it is. That’s why it’s important to visit a mental health professional. They will know what’s wrong and most importantly, how to fix it.

You mentioned having bulimia. Bulimia is a serious disorder. Eating disorders have the highest mortality rates of all mental illnesses. Your body is being seriously damaged by bulimia. Treatment is imperative.

I’m not familiar with the mental health treatment system in Spain, but if it’s similar to the United States, you would make an appointment with a mental health professional and that begins the assessment process. A psychosocial history would be collected and a diagnosis would be made based upon that information. A treatment plan would also be created. Both counseling and medication would likely be recommended.

Seeking treatment can be difficult when you don’t have family support. For many reasons, some parents are reluctant to admit that their children have emotional problems. Given your age, you probably don’t need your mother’s permission to enter treatment. I would encourage you to pursue treatment as soon as possible. It will help you to feel better. Please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2pGyU6m
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment