Saturday 22 April 2017

I Am Wondering if I Have Dyslexia

Hello, I am here to ask you a question because it’s been bothering me for a while. I am wondering if I have dyslexia because I have problems reading and had to take speech therapy because of it. I couldn’t read at my peers reading level and see words move across the page. I have problems decoding sentences which makes me read slower than my peers. I am somehow able to pass reading tests and was able to get to the reading level I’m supposed to be, but still have issues reading and writing.If you can please reply as fast as you can, many thanks.

A: Thanks for your question. At 15 years old I would let your english and reading teachers know that you are having a problem and ask them for help getting a test. Also, please talk to your parents about this as there are tests that can determine the specifics. While I can’t diagnose you I would certainly say that based on your comments an evaluation is needed.

Wishing you patience and peace,
Dr. Dan
Proof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2q1pej9
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment