Wednesday 22 May 2019

I Keep Getting Thoughts & Visions about Killing People

This has been going on for 3-4 months now. I keep getting visions and thoughts about killing people and I have no clue why. When I get these I feel a rush and it makes me feel good. I know this makes me sound crazy. I even get thoughts about killing family members not just random people. Please help me out.

If I could interview you, I would want to know what is happening in your life. Did something change? Are you feeling stressed and anxious or upset about anything in particular? Are you a victim of bullying? Are you depressed or anxious? Those are the types of questions that would help me understand why you might be feeling this way.

Though homicidal thoughts are not unusual, they are also not the norm. Consider these types of thoughts as a warning sign that something may be wrong. Something had to have prompted them. A therapist could determine what is wrong and, most importantly, provide the necessary treatment to eliminate these thoughts.

You stated that you know that this makes you sound “crazy.” You are wrong. Perhaps that is what you fear to be true, but it is not true. Therapists don’t think that way. We understand that virtually everyone experiences difficulties throughout their lives. The people who most expeditiously overcome these difficulties are those who seek help from professionals. I hope that you will consider counseling. You are the ideal candidate.

If you feel as though you might act upon your thoughts or visions, call emergency services immediately. They will protect you and ensure that you receive the proper treatment. Good luck and please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Ask the Therapist http://bit.ly/2YDqOZC
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment