Friday 27 January 2017

Best of Our Blogs: January 27, 2016

Pictures Above Desk

The other day I glanced at a photo of someone’s home. It was beautiful and uncluttered. Instead of leaving it at that and going on with my day. I stared for awhile. I looked at my own home. My eyes zoomed in on all the piles of stuff everywhere-the toys, mail, dishes. It was a sight!

But I didn’t stop there.

I started to compare, criticize and judge myself. I looked past everything I loved most about my home and saw failure, mess, and not enoughness.

Comparison to others perfect picture whether that be of their homes, kids, jobs and life experiences, robs us of joy and happiness. It also takes away our ability to experience gratitude for what we have and admiration for others.

While self-kindness, compassion and acceptance are not easy things to practice. It is the key to everything we genuinely want in life-authentic relationships, love and opportunities.

If you need a head start on getting there, our top posts on self-awareness, making conscious choices and self-motivation will steer you in the right direction.

Lies: 6 Tips to Detect Deception
(Relationship Corner) – Smell a liar? Compare their behavior up against this list.

10 Areas of Self-Awareness You Should Understand
(NLP Discoveries) – Forget about how well you know your partner. The key to effective relationships and fulfillment lies in how well you know yourself.

Are You “Too Sensitive?” 5 Clues You Might Be
(Knotted) – Have you ever been told you’re “too sensitive?” Read this to see if it’s true.

How to Live by Choice
(In Your Own Hands) – Want to have a life aligned with your values? If you want to be happier and healthier in 2017, it all starts with this.

How to Motivate Yourself When You’re Feeling Down
(Happily Imperfect) – How do you get yourself out of the rut you’re in so you can accomplish all the things you need and want to do this year? This will help you get back on track.



from World of Psychology http://ift.tt/2kAyvQg
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment