Friday 30 June 2017

Attention-Seeking Depression?

I have most of the symptoms of depression, but I’m not sure if it’s for attention. I feel that i have these symptoms and emotions but I also feel that I don’t. I think it is for attention, but I’m not neglected by my parents. I have friends that talk and socialize with me. I have 5 siblings. 2 moved out to go to college. I have a step-dad and my biological dad visits every 3 months or so. I don’t feel neglected or disconnected from anyone. People tell me that I am special in my own way and I don’t need a disorder to be special, and I know that, but I still believe I have problems and I don’t know how to think of them. I am a compulsive liar and I lie usually to try to get myself out of trouble or to impress others. I try my best but I can’t control myself and I can’t stop lying to my parents about even the stupidest things. Lying has become a habit. I believe I have some sort of anxiety disorder. I always get super weak, I breathe harder, and my heart rate increases, sweat, think of the worst outcomes, get tunnel vision, my hearing starts to get weaker, and i feel cold whenever I have to do something like perform infront of even one person like my own parents or I have to talk to someone. These symptoms happen for instance, when I have to go up to an employee just to ask things. Apart from that, I also have a very hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. Whats happening?

A. If you are concerned about your mental health, then it’s important to seek treatment. Mental health problems can make life very difficult. Therapy would help you. Generally speaking, anxiety doesn’t get better on its own but it’s highly responsive to treatment. There’s no need to live with symptoms when treatment would help you.

You mentioned being nervous whenever you have to perform in front of people. Many people feel this way. In fact, public speaking is one of the most common fears. Counseling is the ideal solution to this problem.

Ask your parents to help you find a therapist who can help. They might start the process by speaking to your pediatrician or family physician. They can refer you to mental health professionals in the community. Counseling will help you to feel better and overcome these problems. I hope you will give it a try. Please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Depression – Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2uqSd1K
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment