Friday 25 November 2016

ADD or Autism?

I have been diagnosed with ADD 1 year ago, i have a limited area of focus, I get bored easily and quickly and my life is not organized at all. but my main problem is that I have a difficulty in having close relationships, I always feel frustrated when I am around my family members or closed friend and I just want to leave the lace, I cant maintain eye contact with them although i can maintain eye contact with stranger to certain limit. i cant express feelings to close people. this makes me hesitant about marriage or having at least having a girlfriend. my question now is these a symptoms of Autism, I mean I have no problems in talking or reading, I am actually an author, but can I have autism and in the same time doesnt have any talking or reading problems, and if yes what can I do to solve this? please advise

A. Diagnosis requires an in-person, formal evaluation. There could be alternative explanations for how you feel. Not everyone feels comfortable around their family members. There are some people who feel more comfortable sharing personal information about themselves with strangers than they do with family members. It may be the case that you are not close enough with your family to share emotionally charged information. It could be that you feel that they would misuse the information that you would share with them.

You also mentioned having difficulty with close friendships but didn’t elaborate. You described having eye contact issues, but I would need more information to know if it constitutes a sign of autism.

It’s important to remember that relationships are two-sided. Perhaps the people with whom you are interacting have personal problems of their own that impact how they relate to you. At this time, more information and analysis is necessary. It would be tremendously helpful if you met with a therapist to discuss these issues in more depth. The therapist could objectively analyze your relationships and advise you accordingly. Please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2gHNmX9
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment