Saturday 27 May 2017

I Can’t Commit to Anyone

Hi, for a long time now I’ve been unable to stick to one person at a time for more then a few weeks. At first they kinda becoming everything and its great but then a few weeks later its as if they’ve faded and i become interested in other people. I’m just wondering if theres anything I could do to stop this. I have dealt with a lot of childhood trauma, I’m currently dealing with social anxiety, generalized anxiety, insomnia and possibly “somatization disorder” i think thats what they called it.

I’ve also dealt with depression in the past.I just really want to make at least one aspect of my life better and I think if I could commit to someone and actually be in a healthy relationship for once that would help. I really hope someone answers this as I can’t figure out whats wrong with me or what to do about it

A.  Part of the problem could be that you are choosing the wrong partners. Maybe they were not a match. In that case, ending those relationships would have been the right thing to do.

Alternatively, your untreated anxiety and depression may be negatively impacting your relationships. Untreated mental health problems are not something that can be compartmentalized. They bleed into all aspects of life. Your depression and anxiety may be making it difficult for you to have a healthy relationship.

A relationship is not going to fix this problem. The solution is counseling. You are an ideal candidate. These are exactly the types of problems that bring people into therapy.

Once you begin to address the problems, that seem to have plagued you since childhood, you might find that your relationships improve. Ask your primary care physician for a referral or call the one 800 number on the back of your insurance card. They can help you find a local therapist who can help. Please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Depression – Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2s1XI6S
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment