Tuesday 30 May 2017

I Can’t Stop Eating Cookies

From the U.S.: For the last month I make and go through a batch of cookies in a minimum of one day. Most of the time I eat nothing else. I’ve gained at least 15lbs. I can’t stop. I have complex PTSD, ADHD, GAD and Depression. The tests I have taken on this site say I don’t have an eating disorder. I need to find out what this is. I am desperate for help with this!

A: The quizzes on this site are for educational purposes only. They are not intended to take the place of a professional diagnosis.

I don’t know if you have an eating disorder but you certainly have disordered eating. You are correct to be concerned, especially since it is new behavior.

I would go at this in two ways:
First, since you have all those diagnoses, I’m assuming that you have already seen a mental health professional who made them. If you haven’t already, go back to that clinician to talk about your compulsive eating and non-eating.

Second: Please see your medical doctor for an evaluation as well. At 63, your body may be changing. Not all unusual behavior is in someone’s head. Your fluctuations in appetite may be a way that your physical self is trying to tell you something.

I wish you well.
Dr. Marie



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2qx7igH
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment