Tuesday 27 February 2018

Should I Seek Help?

From a teen in the U.S.: I’ve read some of the other posts relating to my issue and mine seems to be a bit different; I seem to talk to myself, but to a different degree. I always find myself having a conversation with at most four figures, I say “figures” because no one’s actually around me, I always hear a response and yes I can see them-visually speaking. It’s more of a flashed image or stationary statue that occasionally moves in response to the conversation (these “figures” have different voices, ideas, along with a conscience of their own but overall the conversations are very detailed)

I feel if I try to explain it to anyone without a degree or prior knowledge then they won’t understand what it is I’m trying to say. I know it’s strange, but my conversations can go on for around 5-10 minutes and they do not consist of short lists, general statements, or any kind of pep talks. It’s literally, a full-blown interaction/conversation with these “figures”. I don’t know if I should be concerned and seek help from a conselor or therapist I was hoping someone count help.

A: Sometimes when people ask a question, they already know the answer. Please listen to your wise inner self. You know this isn’t usual. You are troubled by it. You already know that you’ll need an objective, nonjudgmental counselor to help you figure it out. Those are enough reasons to talk to a professional who can help you sort out whether this is a problem that needs to be addressed or an unusual and creative way you solve problems. A trained mental health counselor will know the kinds of questions to ask to make sense of the situation. Please take care of yourself and make an appointment with a counselor.

I wish you well.
Dr. Marie



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2sXbmwE
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment