Wednesday 20 September 2017

Tips for Marketing Your Private Practice: An Interview with Christopher Gerhart

Jennifer: Thanks so much for agreeing to be interviewed! What are some marketing strategies that you’ve used thus far, which have been effective in terms of generating patients for your private practice?

Christopher: Understand that Google is a verb.  Most people that search for anything “google it.”  That means that my business has a gmail address, which lets me get on the map with google business.  I also have some youtube videos.  I have a blog on google and a website on wordpress.  I do not have a personal facebook or linked in page; but, my business has both.  All of this is free.  I also have listings on yahoo and bing, also free.    Make sure that your webpage is “mobile friendly.”  Having so much test at tiny fonts will not get you many phone calls.

Jennifer: What are some marketing strategies that you tried, which did not have a good return?

Christopher: I tried advertisements in local free papers and saw no notable return on them.   I have also underwritten some programming on local public radio.  Although I have not seen any appreciable returns from that, I will probably continue to support my local public radio stations.

Jennifer: What would be your advice for someone just starting out or even someone who has been in private practice for a while, who is looking to enhance his or her marketing efforts?

Christopher: Be honest about what you do not know.  Google is a verb.  Google loves itself.  You have to be first on google to break the ice.  HARO can help; but, you have to capitalize on those links by connecting them to your facebook and linked-in pages.

Jennifer: Did you decide to enlist any outside help in your marketing efforts for your private practice?

Christopher: I spoke informally with a number of successful people.  I also learned to search myself on a computer that I do not use such as at the public library or on a friend’s phone.  If I use my laptop, there are cookies and trails back to me.  I want to make sure that someone searching for a DOT/SAP in Arkansas finds me first.

Jennifer: Looking back, what is one thing you wish you knew when you first started marketing for your private practice?

Christopher: Websites that promise to “fix” your listings don’t.  That, and many of the search engines that they promote don’t have much use.  Google is where it is at.

Jennifer: What are some ways that you schedule and manage to organize your marketing efforts?

Christopher: I keep a list of calls to make, both in person and over the phone, so that when I have a client “no show” or I am going to a training across town, I can call or stop by with a smile, a card and some pens or other swag.

Jennifer: Thanks so much for sharing your marketing tips and for taking the time out to speak with me today.

Learn More About Christopher:

Christopher is a substance abuse counselor in Little Rock, Arkansas. He offers low-cost, high value, evidence-based substance abuse counseling and education services. To ensure a greater deal of privacy, client engagement and focus on client-centered services rather than documentation, he does not accept payment from anyone other than the client served. That means that government and insurance companies influences will be limited influences on the therapeutic relationship, allowing the client and counselor to determine the most effective means and methods of change. To schedule an appointment with him, please call (501) 478-0182.

http://ift.tt/2ycsooc

 



from Psych Central Professional http://ift.tt/2wGxzLG
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment