Saturday 30 March 2019

I’m Looking for a Therapist, But Not Sure What My Future Therapist Should Specialize In

I am a crossdresser. I’ve been cross dressing since a very young age. I am at a point where I need a therapist or someone that I can talk to about my cross dressing. Problem is when I try finding a therapist that specializes in cross dressing all I seem to find are therapist specializing in gender dysphoria and it really sounds like they are all catering to transgender people. I have yet to see one that says they deal with crossdressers. Is that the kind of therapist I have to settle for? Or is there a type of therapist that specializes in crossdressers?

You might try a sex therapist. They work with individuals with sexual problems and with couples. Sex therapy is a form of counseling that simply focuses on issues of sexuality and dysfunction. Cross dressing is not a sexual problem per se, but you would likely benefit from a therapists’ specialized knowledge in human sexuality. You might ask your primary care physician for a referral to a licensed sex therapist or you can search the Internet for resources. Hopefully you will find someone you like. Good luck with your efforts.

Dr. Kristina Randle



from Ask the Therapist https://ift.tt/2uzfRv1
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment