Tuesday 25 October 2016

Best of Our Blogs: October 25, 2016

Inspirational Typographic Quote - Be happy for this moment this

I thought I was over my dysfunctional relationship with one thing. You know the “one thing” I need to make me happy.

As soon as I lose this much pounds, I’ll be happy.

As soon as I meet my soulmate, I’ll be happy.

As soon as I marry him, I’ll be happy.

When I have two kids (one boy and one girl), I’ll be happy.

When I publish a book, I’ll be happy.

I realized all I did was exchange one thing for another. But I realized that happiness wasn’t a destination. It was a choice. And it wasn’t even really happiness, I was truly searching for. It was a life-a messy, but meaningful and all my own life.

Those don’t come with conditions. They come with feeling the painful hard stuff, growing and making tons of mistakes. So I’ve tried to throw away the “one thing,” in exchange for this moment and everything beautiful and brutal (or as author Glennon Doyle Melton calls “brutiful”) in it.

If you are on the same mission, you’ll enjoy our posts this week on learning to love yourself and the wonderful things that can come with spending time alone.

5 Questions to Know if You’re in the Right Relationship
(Childhood Emotional Neglect) – Is the person you’re with marriage material? Why you should stop focusing on their flaws and ask yourself these questions instead.

Depression After Narcissistic Abuse Sucks!
(Narcissism Meets Normalcy) – If you suffer depression as a result of abandoning yourself in favor of a narcissist, this could help you see the light again.

9 More Ways to Love Yourself
(Happily Imperfect) – You’ve worked on your physical health, but one way to boost your mental health is to work on loving yourself. Here are nine beautiful ways to do that.

Coping with Covert Abuse
(The Recovery Expert) – Could you have been abused and not even know it? This post looks at the less obvious ways others manipulated you to gain control and power.

The Psychology of Spending Time Alone
(Single at Heart) – Do you enjoy your alone time or feel lonely? A study reveals surprising ways people use solitude.



from World of Psychology http://ift.tt/2dRNGAc
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment