Friday 24 March 2017

Do I Have Psychological Disorder?

From a teen in Indonesia: I do not like interaction with humans, I do not expect a deeper relationship from a colleague, I do not like when other people are trying to change myself, I do not like being told what to do.

Yes, I am young, 19 to be precise. I have friends, but I do not feel want to know them but to avail of them (both emotionally and materially). For me, human are only tools and idea generator.

Some people say that I am a psychopath. I do not know where that idea came from. I do not have a criminal record, even though I did sometimes committed a minor offense for the work efficiency. I’ve been told to have defective expression, think like a robot (black and white), genius (just because I can read other people’s motives), individualists, indifferent.

Personally, I consider myself inferior. I panic and nauseated after feeling that I took the wrong conclusions and the conclusions that I give to others. These things make me confused, what actually happened to me? What psychological disorders do I have?

A: I can’t, of course, make a diagnosis on the basis of only a short letter. I can only offer some things for you to think about.

It may be that you don’t like to be around people because you don’t know how to be comfortable in social situations. Apparently, you are skilled enough to make the initial connection. You do have some friends. But then you get afraid to go to the next level. You may be justifying your fear by trying to convince yourself that people are only tools. But that’s a rationalization. I think you are lonely but don’t want to admit it.

I suggest you face your fears and get some training and support for developing social skills. Group therapy is often helpful. Group therapy provides a safe place for people to get feedback about how they are interacting with the other members of the group and to practice new ways to be with other people. Some individual therapy as well will help you conquer your feelings of inferiority.

I wish you well.
Dr. Marie



from Ask the Therapist http://ift.tt/2nLexDx
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment