Monday 22 October 2018

I’m Not Comfortable with My Husband’s Relationship with Other Women

From the U.S.: Me, my husband and his friends went on a trip a year back. On one of the evening we all drove to a store to buy some stuff. One of the girl (very petite) was taking time to get out of the car and he suddenly picks her up and moved her out of the car. I did not like this action and the moment he did this and looked at me he knew I was pissed. We had an argument and he said he was sorry he and doesn’t know why he did that and will not do this again.

Cut-to we were recently watching a video on his phone and there was pop-up of couple of text notification from his best-friend/co-worker (female) he tried to swipe them and said suddenly let see the video later I don’t want to see the video, right now. I could clearly see it was the text and not the video which was the problem. He again then apologies and said he doesn’t know why he did that and the message was nothing. He had asked her that why did she leave the office without telling him goodbye in a sarcastic way and she had replied back saying are you this sarcastic with all your friends.

These two of them specifically talk a lot on text about her wedding planning, problem she has with her health, she even shares pics of her wearing her wedding outfit with him. Is all this normal? He says he loves me and consider me his priority he is a very nice guy but these two incidents have made me feel very uncomfortable in the relationship? I just get upset and angry every time I see him on his phone and we end up fighting at very little things. This is driving me crazy what do I do?

Picking up the woman could be just a spontaneous silliness. He may have a perfectly innocent female friend. Or not. I can’t tell by your letter whether your husband is being inappropriate or if you are insecure. Either way, there isn’t enough trust in your relationship. He’s starting to hide things. You get very angry very fast. You can’t talk it through without fighting.

For that reason, I do suggest that the two of you go for a few sessions with a couples counselor who can help you clear the air and learn new ways to honor each other’s feelings and solve problems.

I wish you well.
Dr. Marie



from Ask the Therapist https://ift.tt/2yusbPJ
via https://ifttt.com/ IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment